Thursday, June 14, 2012

Still waiting?

You out there...those who are sill dreaming for their own horse...I know how you feel.
I know what it's like to look at horses and want one like a stomache ache. I know what it's like to watch all the other girls saddle their own mounts, while you're riding a school horse. I know what it's like to feel like it's never gonna happen. I know what it's like to be told it's impossible, too much money, I'll grow out of this "phase."

I spent every day for five years wishing on stars, praying, and blowing out birthday candles for this one chance. And I still can't belive it's happening. (No kidding - I'll believe it when I see a horse trailer park in the stable yard.)

But y'know what?

You will get your horse.

It may not be now, or tomorrow, or next year - but you will get your horse.
The horse of your dreams.
Because nothing at all (hey, it snows in July down in Alaska.) is impossible.

Now, angry parents - please don't spam me. I'm not handing anyone horses. I'm merely encouraging dreams. (Merely?)

Because horse crazy gals (and dudes) and horses are meant to be. They define us, shape us, and help us face our fears and discover our courage.
Day by day, you'll make choices that will lead you down the path to get your very own horse. Step by step, you and your horse will meet. Maybe next week, maybe in three years.

But I promise, it will happen.

And if you don't want to wait?

Set things in motion.


Only you can control your future, and you can shape it to whatever you want. You can make it happen. Find whatever's blocking your decison and own it.

Someday, everything will fall in place. Maybe you'll hear that slightly-audible click.



Okay, I know I sound really lame here. But seriously, think about it. I'm not sayin', stare at a blank wall until it makes sense, deeply pondering. Yeahh...just...no. Just, y'know, don't completely block it out of your mind, thinking - "That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Chica, I will never again read your posts."
Because that would make me very sad. :-'(

Yeah, I'm total lamesause here. I would not be surprised if you flicked over to a blog about sausage-grinding, or daisy planting. Or threading needles with....thread. Or oiling your toaster. "When those toast-slices shoot up ten feet in the air, you'll know it's working!!" OR the proper ways to give your dog a teddy-bear haircut. "It must look square, and adorable. Does not flatter labradors." OR brick maitence. Stop rambling.


Anyhow,
Just remember this.

Keep dreamin', pony people. It will happen, I promise you. *hugs* (If you're not the huggy type, feel free to a) dodge b) slap me or c) back shyly away with a demure little smile, I won't pressure you.)


Keep on keepin' on,

-Abbi

2 comments:

  1. Hi! It's McKayla again! I have been following your blog for a little while now. I was wondering if you could maybe look at mine too! http://my-road-to-horse-success.blogspot.com/ That is the website for mine! I am gonna keep following your blog, I like it! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya McKayla!

      Thanks for following! Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I've been a bit busy.
      I'll totes take a look at your blog! <3

      Love ya for follin'!
      More posts soon,


      - Abbi

      Delete