Thursday, October 4, 2012

Leasing My Runaway

Why could this be, you wonder. Like, every horse you get on runs away with you. x3
Of course, you already know I'm leasing the Willinator. Willy, the superspringy power horse with an insane endurance trot, cute little jump, and bounds of energy. He also huffs a lot when we trot, but he's FIT as heck. He just decides he hates my bouncing. xD

A while back, I said I was going to be leasing Freddy; I was, but it's not the case anymore.

Freddy's mouth got worse. He has a nasty, plum-sized side-of-the-mouth wound from a parasite bite he got on a a trail ride. His usual rider used a bit on him and it broke open. It's gotten worse, and he started dropping food out of his mouth. He lost about 20 pounds. He's out of work and slowly putting back weight on. Until he recooperates, he's not going to have a rider.
So hope for my baby.

I love you, Freddy. <3


Anyway, it's OCTOBER! Yay. I did make 2 of my September goals. :D



- Abbi

2 comments:

  1. I just wanna know, what september goals did you make? I also want to know if you know of any good riding schools,because my parents say that horses get you nowhere in life but I think differently.(I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I really need to get that question out of my mind.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're in Colorado, I recommend Two Hawks Ranch, NX Bar Ranch, or the place I ride at - Iron Horse Christian Youth Ranch. If you mean riding SCHOOLS, as in boarding school with an equestrian program - Foxcroft, Andrews Osborne Academy, International Riding Academy, and Grier are all excellent ones.

      Actually, if you find the right job in the horse industridy, you can make an excellent living. If you're going to ride professionally, it all comes down to one word - SPONSERS. ;) Generally trainers make about 25,000 a year. If you're training top-level, it will be more. You can sell horses, train, breed, race, jump, show, game. Be a vet, vet tech, saddle maker, anything! Run a Google search for equine-related jobs and find out the average yearly salary. You can do more than one thing too! My riding instructor went to collage and majored in equine science. She showed and trained for years - she now teaches and sells horses for a living. Look into a four-year collage with an equine program - there are ones in Colorado, Kentucky, Virginia and Wyoming. You can also go to a highschool with an equine program. (Search magazines or the web!) In some horse youth associations, you can win prizes from showing like grants. There are also scholarships for equine and livestock related careers - the Thoroughbred Scholarship, for example.
      Horses are expensive, though so it is hard to get started. Do your research! Horses can be sensible.
      To see my September goals, just look in the blog archive under "September." Need to make October goals, too.
      Thanks for reading!

      - Abbi

      Delete