Thursday, June 14, 2012

The PLAN

So, I be you're wondering what the *PLAN* is?
The superduper, major important, ALL POWERFUL plan?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

The PLAN......*throws hand across head dramatically*

So, you know how I get to buy my own horse?
My parent's don't just have money to throw away. We're not average-salary Americans, or rich ones, either. So I have to earn all the money (my goal is $3,500) by myself. And that is the horse, the keep and board for my first year, all the tack, and insurance. Along with this, I wrote up a document with reasons why I want a horse, what I will do for one, and how I will care for it.

I need money.
My goal is the end of the summer.
Yep.
So, all you out there, taking bets on if I will fail, I will triumph! *stands up and gestures at the ceiling*


So, you see those little ads? The annoying, ever-present pop-ups? Over there? ----->
Yeah? CLICK 'EM. GO ON. LET ER RIP. Every time you click one'a those dang things, I get paid. So, go at it! :)

Really, I just need to earn money. I'm setting up a checking account, a bank account, an eBay account, a paypal account, and a website. With a shopping cart. :D

I. AM. FOCUSED. (Like a politican.)

So, (I happen to say it a lot. SO sorry.) if you want a horse, and your parents keep saying no, figure out the reason why. No money? Pay for it yourself. No room? Keep it at a friend's or at a boarding stable. You're a beginner? Take some Saddle Up Classes, riding lessons, or ask to help at a friend's. No time? Consider cancelling any extra classes or sports you don't enjoy. Not responsible enough? Take on extra chores.
If there's a will, there's a way.
If you really, really want one, let your parents know. If you still can't get your parents to move on this subject, ask about leasing a horse. Horses are the most important (and expensive!) thing in a horse girl's life. To us, about as necessary as breathing. And horse girls, well, we're the more determind of the human race. You see any average joe climb onto a horse and communicate with it? Horse people are special. :) <3

Anyway, I have some plans on earning money. If you'd like to hear, just ask!! I adore comments.

Oh, and sorry if I seem a little abrupt or pushy. You can chalk it up with being overlytired, but I think I just need to soften my speech a tad, and add more emoticons. ;)


- Abbi

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I have horses and I love them! For a while my dad was threatening to sell them but I started taking on chores and I got to keep them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Abbi! Horses go hand in hand with hard work, but when you really have to buckle down and work for them, they give you feet. And when they make your dreams real, they give you wings. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are horses being sold in CO. You can go to the side to narrow the search, but check back often for the latest updates!

    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=231&sid=74268&cat=106&search=&zip=&distance=&min_price=&max_price=&type=&category=104&subcat=&sold=&city=&addisplay=&sort=1&userid=&markettype=sale&adsstate=CO&nocache=1&viewSelect=list&viewNumResults=12&sort=1

    ReplyDelete